Be More Like Chilly’s 🎈
Courtesy of @dannyallenpage
Chilly’s defied all odds in an industry that was completely drowned in competitors, however, they did it in such a way that disrupted an entire industry and have taken a majority of the market share for themselves 📈
They used emotional branding 😋
Emotional branding is building the purpose behind your company, similar to how apple use their emotional stronghold of ”think different” / ”we challenge the status quo” 🍏
Chilly’s disruption comes from their reason for supporting the environment and being extremely eco friendly.
They made something boring like a water bottle, exciting and a symbol of caring for the environment, so next time you think branding is not important.
You should re-consider it’s true value as it will allow you to dominate the competition.
The year was 2010
Two business partners set out on a mission
They wanted to reduce single-use water bottles
So they created an eco-friendly reusable bottle that kept cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot
They're now one of the fastest growing company in the UK!
Reusable bottles have been around for ages, how did they manage this?
Chilly's recipe for success
- They identified a global problem
- They provided a simple solution
- They tapped into the growing conversation about plastic use at just the right time
- They turned their bottles into status symbols and free advertising using bright bold colours and designs
- They invested BIG into digital marketing
- They collaborated with other brands to reach new audiences
Now think about your business
- Do you have a mission statement?
- Do you provide a simple solution?
- Are people proud and willing to shout about doing business with you?
- Do you have strong brand morals and ethics?
- Do you invest in your own marketing?
Bonus – useful tools:
GetResponse — an email marketing platform that enables you to create a valuable marketing list of prospects, partners, and clients, so you can develop relationships with them and build a responsive and profitable customer base.
Manychat — Messenger bot platform for marketing, E-commerce, and support.
Notion — is a note-taking and collaboration application with markdown support that also integrates tasks, wikis, and databases.
Crello – free graphic design editor that helps create images for social media, print and other web-based graphics.
HypeAuditor – empowers users to analyze any Instagram account for insights on audience quality and authenticity of engagement.
TubeBuddy — the premier YouTube channel management and video optimization toolkit.
Funnelytics — the best funnel mapping software available to marketers and entrepreneurs today.